Calling all Meadowvale hockey players to join the Streetsville Santa Claus Parade on Sunday November 24th at 1:00pm. Come wearing your hockey team jersey and your Santa hat. We are looking forward to a great event!
If you would like to participate, please read the following instructions/information to ensure our parade goes as smoothly for everyone as possible!
- All bands, vehicles, and walking groups will stage on Church St., facing north, beginning at Ontario St. (just east of the Trinity Church parking lot) *unless otherwise noted
- All floats will stage on the west side of Queen St. S., north of Ontario St., facing south. Just come and find the MHL Float.
- Please park your vehicles at the Streetsville GO Station parking lot located at 45 Thomas St. and take the yellow school bus shuttle to the staging area; shuttles will make several trips to the staging area from 10:30am to 12:30pm
- Large buses may proceed southbound on Queen St S. and drop participants off at the intersection of Queen St S. and Ontario St, where you may cross the street to the staging area
- All participants MUST check in with parade coordinators by 11:45AM at the LATEST
- All participants will be assigned a position number on the staging route. This will be your starting point
- All participants MUST be in your assigned position and ready to go by 12:30PM – NO EXCEPTIONS The staging for our group will be on Church Street – C20
There are many municipal parking lots offering parking throughout the Village, and a large Streetsville GO station parking lot at 45 Thomas St. Participants are encouraged to have access vehicles parked at the Streetsville GO station at 45 Thomas St and a yellow school shuttle bus will take you to the staging area.
Only Staff / Volunteer vehicles are permitted to park at the Streetsville Legion on Church St. with a special permit presented to Parking Staff. Please note that all vehicles parked at the Legion will remain parked until after the parade. There are no in/out privileges due to pedestrian traffic.
What to Bring
Make sure your players are dress warmly and wear their hockey jersey over their winter coats. Bring a festive hat – like a Santa hat (available at Dollarama). They can bring their hockey sticks to carry and wave to the crowds.
All kids wear a hockey jersey are welcome to walk in the parade with us. Doesn’t matter if they’re in a different league. If they are friends and family of our players, they are welcome.
Everyone will be expected to behave in a festive manner and listen to the parade supervisors and follow any and all instructions.
Any questions or concerns, you can contact Christine Scaini’s cell 416-209-0425.